For my very first post upon this blog, I thought a list of my favourite book characters of all-time would be a good predecessor for what is to come content-wise in the future! I also just really like making lists, so there will probably be a lot of those to come too.
I debated for a while about my choices, and believe me, they were tough choices! A few characters, which will get honorary mentions, didn’t quite make the cut. Just imagine me staring at my bookcase for at least twenty minutes, feeling as though I am rather betraying the characters that I do love but have neglected in favour of other characters whom I adore. However, to make the selection slightly easier, I excluded characters and figures from plays and myths.
So, without further ado, here is the list: (in no particular order, as always)
- Harry Potter, the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- Sansa Stark, a Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin
- Anna, Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- Francis Abernathy, The Secret History by Donna Tartt (If I had to pick an ultimate favourite character, I think it would be Francis!)
- Cosette, Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- Grantaire, Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- Adam Parrish, the Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater
- Henry Cheng, The Raven King from the Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater
- Sodapop, The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- Arya Stark, a Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin
- Patroclus, The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
I didn’t give my reasons for why I chose these characters because I didn’t want the post to be too long, but let it be known that I love them all dearly.